Who's Favored To Win The 2018 NFC Championship?
There are only 8 teams left in the running to win Super Bowl LII, but they must first conquer their respective conference championships. The four remaining NFC teams are the Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, and New Orleans Saints. The Minnesota Vikings have +160 odds to win the NFC Championship, making the NFC North leaders the team favored to win. The Vikings had an impressive 13-3 (11-5 ATS) season, even with a disappointing 24-31 loss to the Buccaneers in their season finale. The Vikings went on to defeat the Panthers in the Wild Card round with the help of former-backup-now-MVP-candidate Case Keenum and a No. 2 ranked rush defense. Now the Minnesota Vikings must get past the New Orleans Saints in order to make it to the NFC Championship game and win the title. The odds to win the NFC Championship will shift depending on how the divisional round plays out.
Current Odds To Win The NFC Championship
The NFC title is up for grabs by four teams, and the odds to win the NFC Championship have been somewhat of a crapshoot. Though the Vikings are the agreed upon favorite and most consistent team, the Falcons, Eagles, and Saints all had the same odds at one point (+450). The pecking order has become clearer over the past week, with the New Orleans Saints now in second place on the oddsboard. There are +250 betting odds for the Saints to win the NFC, followed by +300 betting NFC Championship betting odds for the Atlanta Falcons.
If you would have checked the odds a few weeks ago, chances are the Philadelphia Eagles would have had the best odds to win the NFC Championship. With star quarterback Carson Wentz injured and inconsistent Nick Foles at center, there are now +500 betting odds for the Eagles to win the NFC Championship game.
NFC Championship Betting Trends
With more than 40 NFC Championship games that have taken place since its first kick off in 1971, there are numerous game records that can be analyzed. You look for betting trends when making your wagers on individual matchups, and the same should go for betting on the 2018 NFC Championship game. There are certain statistics that can be helpful in deciding which NFC Championship betting odds to wager on. We can give you a few NFC Championship betting trends and stats to keep in mind when wagering on odds to win the NFC Championship.
- In the past 26 years, seven No. 2 seeds from the NFC have won the conference championship game. The Minnesota Vikings currently hold the No. 2 seed in the NFC.
- Since 2006, the higher NFC seed has won 15 of 20 NFC Championship titles. Possible NFC Championship matchups could be the Saints (No. 4) vs Eagles (No. 1), Saints vs Falcons (No. 6), Vikings (No. 2) vs Eagles, or Falcons vs Vikings.
- The longest NFC Championship game was Atlanta @ Minnesota on January 17, 1999. The game lasted 71 minutes and 52 seconds.
- The Minnesota Vikings have had two NFC Championship games go into OT, more than any of remaining NFC teams.
- The favorite has won 4 of the last 5 NFC Championship matchups in the NFL Playoffs.
- In totals betting, the NFC Championship game has gone over in the last 10 of 16 matches.
- In the most recent NFC title game, the favorite covered (Atlanta -6) and the game went over (60).