Vegas Odds To Win AFC Championship
Looking for AFC Championship betting odds? Well then you have come to the right place. This page is dedicated to having the latest betting odds to win the AFC Championship, and what has transpired most recently among them. If the odds change even the slightest bit for just one team, we will have the updates that you need for you to get the payout you're looking for during the NFL season.
In the offseason, NFL betting lines to win the AFC and the divisions stay relatively constant. Once the regular season gets going, weekly updates are needed. Teams move up and down the pecking order of the AFC on the betting line, and this will be the page you look at when turning to see the latest payouts for future wagers.
Who's Favored To Win The 2018 AFC Championship?
No surprise here, as the New England Patriots have been favored to win the 2018 AFC Championship since earning their fifth Super Bowl Championship win. The Patriots may have started out shaky by going 1-3 in the preseason and 2-2 in their first four games of the season, but Tom Brady and the boys were able to pull it together. The New England Patriots went on to win 8 consecutive games with only a loss to the Dolphins in Week 14 ending their streak. The Patriots went on to win three more games to finish the regular season 13-3 (9-7-1 ATS). New England was able to stay in the lead for 2018 AFC Championship betting lines, with the current odds to win the AFC Championship for the Patriots are -175 at Bovada.
Current AFC Championship Betting Odds
Aside from the New England Patriots, there are plenty of other Vegas odds to win the AFC Championship. While the Patriots have -175 betting odds to win the AFC, the Pittsburgh Steelers are not far behind. The Steelers have a 13-3 record and also sit atop the AFC North as they prepare for their Divisional Round matchup versus the Jacksonville Jaguars. The odds for the Pittsburgh Steelers to win the AFC are +225.
Next in line are the Jacksonville Jaguars, who would have to face the either Titans or the Patriots in the conference matchup should they beat the Steelers. The AFC winner betting odds for the Jaguars are +850. The Tennessee Titans are the definite longshots of the AFC, causing an upset by beating the LA Rams in Wild Card Weekend. Though underdogs in their upcoming matchup against the Patriots, and in the AFC overall, the Tennessee Titans have +2800 betting odds to win the AFC Championship game.
AFC Championship Betting Facts
The American Football Conference is one half of the Final Four of NFL football, with the top-tier teams of the conference competing to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. The AFC Title Game was first played in 1971, where the Baltimore Colts (currently the Indianapolis Colts) won the first title. Much has changed the inaugural year of the AFC Championship game, from the structure of the NFL to the teams that have won. What’s really important is how recent betting trends could impact odds to win the AFC Championship in the 2018 NFL Playoffs, which is why we have a few fun facts for you to keep in mind.
- The only team to never play in an AFC Championship game are the Houston Texans.
- The Seattle Seahawks are the only modern team to have played in both an NFC and AFC Championship game, as they were formerly in the AFC West (1977–2001).
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have appeared in the AFC Title game 16 times, the most of any AFC team.
- The Patriots currently hold the record for most AFC titles won, with 9 total wins and no more than 3-year periods between titles since 2001.
- Teams playing at home are 92-46 (.667) in the conference championship round.
- Since 1990, only eight No. 2 seeds from the AFC have made it into the Super Bowl.
- In the most recent Pittsburgh at New England AFC Championship Game, New England covered (-5.5) and the game went over (50.5). These two could potentially meet again in the 2018 NFL Playoff Conference round.
- The favorite is 10-5 against the spread in the last 15 AFC Championship games.
- In totals betting, the under is 5-1 in the last 6 AFC Title games since the 2011-2012 season.